RNAstorm™ FFPE RNA Extraction Kit
Powerful RNA extraction from FFPE samples
Formalin-fixed tissue samples are a challenge for RNA extraction, often resulting in low quality and yields of amplifiable RNA and poor performance in subsequent steps involving enzymatic manipulation, including reverse transcription and sequencing library preparation.
The RNAstorm Extraction Kit enhances the removal of formaldehyde-induced damage and provides RNA with higher yield and quality, better integrity, and greater amplifiability. RNAstorm's proprietary CAT5™ technology* allows for isolation of nucleic acid under mild conditions, avoiding the use of damaging conditions and chemicals. The kit provides all necessary reagents for extraction of total RNA from FFPE tissue samples in a simple spin-column format.
Whether you are performing RNA-seq, qPCR, microarray or other gene expression analysis, the RNAstorm kit improves RNA extraction success.
*CAT5™ technology builds on research initiated at Stanford University and published in Nature Chemistry in 2015 (S. Karmakar et al, Organocatalytic Reversal of Formaldehyde Adducts of RNA and DNA Bases, Nature Chemistry 2015, 7:752-758.)
Comparison of RNA recovery by quantitative RT-PCR from six different FFPE tissue samples using RNAstorm™ and a leading commercial kit. Relative amounts of RNA were estimated from the Ct number observed for each sample.
Comparison of RNA integrity by measurement of DV200 based on Agilent Bioanalyzer capillary electrophoresis results from samples prepared with RNAstorm™ and a leading commercial kit.
- Higher overall yield
- Increased integrity
- Better template quality for reverse transcription and other enzymatic manipulation
- Best choice for demanding applications or uncertain tissue sample quality
- Applications: RNAseq, PCR, qPCR/RT-PCR, microarray
- Kit Format: manual (spin columns)
- DNAse Treatment Step: included
- Sample Type: formalin-fixed samples (paraffin embedded or preserved in fixative)
- Sample Input: 1-4 sections (5-10 µm each)
- Type of RNA Isolated: total RNA (including miRNA)
- Expected Yield: up to 1.5 µg (sample-dependent)
- Isolation Time: 50 minutes hands-on
- Safety: no phenol/chloroform used. Safe deparaffinization reagent included (no xylene necessary)
No products are currently available in this category.